Training & Clinics
We organise regular training sessions most of which are subsidised.
We offer regular dressage training with John Chubb at his base in Holsworthy.
We also offer regular Polework sessions with Jamie Randall in her fabulous 60m x 60m school at Northcombe Equestrian.
As well as these regular sessions, we also aim to provide more ad-hoc training as it is always weather dependant on using the range of local(ish) instructors, and making the most of some of our fabulous local venues, like Southcott XC and St Leonards.
All training is booked through our Facebook page so please look on there or contact Essie [email protected] for more info.
TRAINING & CLINICS 2021
Providing all government guidelines and COVID-19 allow.
- Friday 2nd April (Good Friday) - Bradley Moore-Taylor at Little Lopthorne, Thornbury
- Saturday 3rd April - Polework at Northcombe Equestrian with Jaime Randall
- Saturday 17th April- Pole work at Northcombe Equestrian with Jaime Randall
- Monday 19th April- John Chubb dressage clinic at Coles Mill Stables, Holsworthy
- Sunday 25th April - Biomechanics with Gemma Diduca at Orlands Equestrian, Chilla - more details to follow
- Wednesday 28th April- Tim/Vanessa Cheffings lessons at Downe Farm Event Centre PM. £90/hour up to 4 rider
- Saturday 1st May- Pole work at Northcombe Equestrian with Jaime Randall
- Bank holiday Monday 3rd May - Bradley Moore-Taylor at Little Lopthorne, Thornbury
- Saturday 8th May- Pole work at Northcombe Equestrian with Jaime Randall
- Monday 17th May - John Chubb Dressage Clinic at Coles Mill
- Saturday 22nd May - Pole work at Northcombe Equestrian with Jaime Randall
- Monday 7th June - Dressage to Music taster with Clare Deitrich at Tintagel £40/45 min lesson more details to follow
- Monday 5th July - Dressage to Music with Clare Deitrich at Tintagel
TBC- SJ training with Sophie Stockdale at Warren Farm.
Social and awards presentation evening at Essies Equine Rug laundry, Holsworthy after June 21st.
Social and SJ cleaning/painting at Little Lopthorne after 17th May.
For all clinics at Northcombe Equestrian, please contact Jaime Randall via Facebook or look on our committee page for her email contact. Discounted for HDRC members, £20 individual or £10 each shared.
All John Chubb clinics are taken by Gemma Stokes or on the facebook page. £40/45 min lesson (£20 each per pair)
All Bradley Moore-Taylor clinics will be taken on facebook by Bradley/Gemma or by emailing Bradley. (Please find his email on our contacts page) £30 individual £20 each for pair (to continue monthly dates TBC)
All other clinics will be taken on facebook.
We also advertise all our training and clinics on our Facebook page, and as HDRC is a British Riding Club, there are area clinics that are also advertised on the Area 19 Facebook page.
Alongside Holsworthy & Distric Riding Club runs the NAY groups. These are novice/nervous horse/rider and youngsters.
The NAY lessons is freelance instruction and are in groups and privates. Taught by a fully insured and trained BHS qualified instructor, the NAY lessons are fun and friendly for all abilities and ages.
There are weekly lessons based in and around Holsworthy that include flatwork, poles, jumping and cross country.
There is discount for Holsworthy Riding club members and Pony Club members - group lessons are a flat rate of £15.
If this is of interest please get into touch with Jaime Cottier via the NAY lessons facebook page by clicking HERE